Moving to France
Moving From the U.S. to France? Use Schumacher Cargo, the International Shipping Experts.
3 Different Service Options to Choose from
- Shared Container Service: You only pay for actual volume you’re shipping to France
- Exclusive Use Containers: You pay one flat rate and you can fill the containers to the brim (20' or 40' Containers)
- Car, motorcycle and boat shipping services
12 Major Cities we ship to:
If your city is not one of the ones listed below, don't worry. We can make anything work. Just call us for a quote and tell us to which French city you're moving.
Moving Your Pet to France With You
Of course you don’t want to leave your best friends behind! You can move your pet to France with you, but you must follow certain laws. Here are some of the main rules:
- Birds have a 30-day pre-export quarantine or a 30 day quarantine after import.
- You will need to purchase appropriate size cage. IATA Regulated.
- Valid Veterinary Certificate (details of vaccinations)
French Facts to Know Before You Move.
- Paris is France's largest city and also the capital, but other famous cities in France are Lyon, Toulouse, Nice, Rennes, Lille, Marseille and Bordeaux. The name for the world-famous wine, Bordeaux, comes from this city but Bordeaux has many wine regions.
- Currency used is EURO
- Corporate Tax is currently 33.00%
- Taxable income in France a progressive Tax rates up to 40%
- The standard rate for the VAT is 19.6%
- Population of about 64 million and is ranked 21st in the world
For further information on any of above, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677
Written by Martyn Cohen