Low Cost of Living in the Philippines
Many expats are choosing to move for the Philippines for its warm weather, beautiful beaches, and low cost of living. For less than a studio apartment in Los Angeles, an expat can live a lavish lifestyle in the Philippines. A three-bedroom condo in major cities can be found for less than $500 a month; the same size can be found for less than $150 in beach areas. The price of food from a restaurant is $2-3 and a domestic draft beer is less than $1. You can even retire to the Philippines with $100,000 in savings. With these prices, it is no wonder why so many people are moving to the Philippines each year.
The Best Moving Company to the Philippines
Schumacher Cargo Logistics has over 40 years of international moving experience. When you ship with us, you know your relocation to the Philippines will go smoothly. While you work on the other steps of your move to the Philippines, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your household goods are in safe hands. To find out how much it costs to move to the Philippines, fill out a shipping quote form or call one of our representatives today.
Our international moving service to the Philippines caters to any dimension of shipment. Whether you are shipping a single room or you plan to fill an entire container, we can accommodate you through these services. Find the service that’s most cost efficient for you.
- Shared container service where you only pay for the volume you ship
- Exclusive use container where you pay one flat rate for your own 20′ or 40′ container
- Automobile shipping services including your household goods
Additional Resources for Your International Move
- The Household Goods Volume Container to estimate the amount of space you’ll need
- A moving checklist for a guideline to the essentials of your move
- Our page on moving tips to prepare all your belongings
More About Moving to the Philippines
Major Cities and Ports in the Philippines
Facts About the Philippines
- There are over 7,500 islands that make up the Philippines
- English is a major language; they have the fifth largest English speaking population
- The Philippines produces and exports more coconuts than any other country
- There are 175 different languages spoken in the Philippines
- The city of Manila has the highest population density
- Filipinos celebrate the longest Christmas season from September to January
For further information on moving to Philippines or other international shipping questions, call and discuss your overseas move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 or 562 408-6677
Written by Martyn Cohen