Toll Free 800-599-0190  |  USA 562-408-6677
International Vehicle Shipping and
Moving Specialists Since 1977

Get Your Quote Today:

Moving to Spain from the USA

International Relocation Service to Spain

If you are lucky enough to be moving to Spain, one of your first major tasks will be finding an international mover to ship your belongings overseas.

One of the unfortunate things that can happen is handing over your household goods and personal effects to an inexperienced mover that’s not licensed, bonded, or insured.

Fortunately, we’re an international relocation service that has specialized in household moves to Spain from the USA for more than three decades and we understand the ins and outs of the process.

Read our guide below on how to move to Spain from the USA and start your moving internationally today.

Shipping Household Goods to Spain

Deciding what you want to bring from home can also be a time consuming matter. However, those moving to Spain from the USA should take a few things into consideration.

When thinking about what items to bring, consider the overall costs other than just the ocean freight such as import costs, taxes and duties, living arrangement in Spain, etc.

Most international movers will have a basic idea of the fees for importing your personal effects. However, you can see the specific customs requirements and rules for moving household goods to Spain here.

Service Options for Moving to Spain

Regardless of whether you are moving a few boxes or an entire household, our moving services to Spain can help and we offer a variety of options that fit any size move.

Our Departure Port Locations:

Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Savannah and New York.

Out of the five, many of our clients elect moving household goods to Spain from New York because of a quicker sail time and more competitive shipping rates.

Shipping Options

For those of you moving from the usa to Spain, there are two different shipment options available and they include:

  • a shared container service. (where you only pay for the actual volume you are moving. This is best for people who don’t have a ton of items to move.)
  • an exclusive or sole container service (where you load your own 20ft or 40ft container and pay a flat fee for it.)

Questions About Relocating to Spain from the USA

When it comes to moving to Barcelona, Madrid, or any other city, questions pertaining to how long and how much a move is going to cost will depend on a handful of factors.

How Much Does Moving to Spain Cost?

If you are wondering how much it costs to ship household goods from the USA, that will depend on the amount you want to bring, shipping insurance, and destinations/departures. For example a move to Spain from California will be a different price than from New York, all things the same.

Since every single one of those factors can be different on any given move, the best way to get an estimate is to use our online quote form.

How Long Does a Move to Spain Take?

The second most commonly question international movers get asked is how long the move will take. That too can vary, however, generally a door to door move can be anywhere from 6-8 weeks. This is an estimate and as mentioned individual times will vary.

For example; when moving to Spain from Los Angeles, your household goods will be on the water for 30 days. In comparison with a move from New York, which only has a sail time of 18-21 days.

Major Moving Destinations

The cities below are the most popular destinations in Spain to move to. We can move you to any city in Spain beyond these, but most expats choose these.

Barcelona Madrid
Valencia Bilbao
Seville Cadiz
Zaragoza Palma
Malaga Las Palmas


More Info

Fill out our Online Quote form and start your move to Spain today!

For more information feel free to call one of our representatives at:

US 562-408-6677 // Toll Free 800-599-0190

SCL International Movers for Spain Reviews

Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA Moving to Spain from the USA

Schumacher Cargo Logistics utilizes insured, secured and bonded facilities. We provide warehousing, packing, crating, trucking and loading services out of our own warehouses here in the USA - Los Angeles, Houston, Savannah, Miami, New York, and New Jersey. All other worldwide destinations are covered by our affiliated organization member companies.