Malaysia is a popular destination among US retirees who want to get more value out of their savings. The low cost of living and the ease of gaining long term visas makes this Asian island a perfect home away from home. Renting is cheap, and buying is easy for non-nationals. There is a huge expat community to join. With most of the locals speaking English, you won’t feel too out of place. These reasons have made moving to Malaysia very desirable over the last few decades.
Other pros of relocating to Malaysia include exciting food, a vibrant culture and beautiful beaches. The weather is an average 87 degrees year-round, with rainfall almost every day in the afternoon.
Shipping From USA To Malaysia
Schumacher Cargo Logistics has over 40 years’ experience in moving our clients all around the world, and Malaysia is one of our favorite destinations to help our clients move to. There are many stages for moving anywhere new, and moving overseas to Malaysia is no different. To simplify your move and make it as straightforward as possible, we offer first class competitive services such as:
- Door-to-door options
- Packing and wrapping
- Pick-up services for those not close to one of our locations
- 24/7 online tracking
- Customs clearance, paperwork and more
Additional Resources for Your International Move
- The Household Goods Volume Container to estimate the amount of space you’ll need
- A moving checklist for a guideline to the essentials of your move
- Our page on moving tips to prepare all your belongings
Estimating the Shipping Cost to Malaysia
Our international moving service to Malaysia caters to any types and sizes of shipments. Whether you are shipping a small room of household goods or you plan to fill an entire container, we can provide for you through these services. Choose the most cost efficient option that suits your needs:
- Shared container service where you only pay for the volume you ship
- Exclusive use container where you pay one flat rate for your own 20′ or 40′ container
- Automobile shipping services including your household goods
More About Shipping to Malaysia
Major Moving Destinations in Malaysia
- Kota Bharu
- George Town, Penang
- Malacca City
- Kuala Lumpur
Facts About Malaysia
- The country is rich in culture and has lots of traditions. The five main races– Malay, Chinese, Indian, Iban and Kadazan– make up most of the country’s citizens.
- Malaysia has a total of 878 islands
- Supper is a large part of Malaysian culture. You may even go to a restaurant at 11 p.m. Since it’s more chilly in the evening, Malaysians like to sit at outdoor tables or get street food at night.
- Malaysia 40,934 miles (65,877 kilometers) of highway. This is more than Earth’s circumference of 24,901 miles (40,075 kilometers).
- Malaysia is reported to have more than 1,000 species of plants that have medicinal properties that are used for treating ailments from headaches to malaria and cholera.
- Some buildings in Malaysia do not have a “fourth” floor, as the sound of “four” is similar to the sound of “death” in Chinese. Instead, it is replaced by 3A.
Get your free moving and shipping estimate with our form. For further information on moving to Malaysia or other international shipping questions, call and discuss your overseas moving options with one of our moving specialists at 562-408-667 or toll-free at 800-599-0190.