Moving to Malaysia from the USA has become more common over the last few decades. One of the reasons Malaysia is a popular destination among US retirees is because they get more value out of their savings. The low cost of living and the ease of gaining long term visas makes this Asian island a perfect home away from home. Renting is cheap, and buying is easy for non-nationals. Also, there is now a huge expat community to join. With most of the locals speaking English, you won’t feel too out of place. These reasons have made moving to Malaysia a very desirable choice.
Other pros of relocating to Malaysia include exciting food, a vibrant culture and beautiful beaches. The weather is an average 87 degrees year-round, with rainfall almost every day in the afternoon.
Read our guide below on how to move to Malaysia and start your international shipment today!
How to Ship from USA to Malaysia
Schumacher Cargo Logistics has over 40 years’ experience in moving our clients all around the world, and Malaysia is one of our favorite destinations to help our clients move to. There are many stages for moving anywhere new, and moving overseas to Malaysia is no different. To simplify your move and make it as straightforward as possible, we offer first class competitive services such as:
- Door-to-door options
- Packing and wrapping
- Pick-up services for those not close to one of our locations
- 24/7 online tracking
- Customs clearance, paperwork and more
Estimate the Amount of Goods to Move to Malaysia
When moving to Malaysia, a good place to start is estimating how much you are shipping. Once you know how much you are shipping, your move can be coordinated more accurately. If you don’t have a good estimate, we can also more forward with general information such as the amount of bedrooms to move.
How Much is the Shipping Cost to Malaysia?
Our international moving service to Malaysia caters to any types and sizes of shipments. Whether you are shipping a small room of household goods or you plan to fill an entire container, we can provide for you through these services:
- Shared container service where you only pay for the volume you ship
- Exclusive use container where you pay one flat rate for your own 20′ or 40′ container
- Automobile shipping services including your household goods
For your cost to move to Malaysia, please fill out our Online Quote Form.
Start Moving to Malaysia
Once you’re ready to move, we can either pick up the goods from your home or you can drop them off at one of our warehouses. Our services include the packing and wrapping so you don’t have to worry about doing that beforehand. As the goods arrive, they will start the loading process and will ship as soon as the container is ready. After the vessel departs with your goods, the Bill of Lading and a confirmation of departure are sent to you.
Complete Your Move to Malaysia
When arriving in Malaysia, your goods enter the custom clearance process. They to the warehouse and unload from the container there. Next, the goods are delivered straight to your new home. After receiving your goods, all that’s left is it to enjoy your relocation overseas.
More About Shipping to Malaysia
Major Moving Destinations in Malaysia
The list below is of our most popular destinations for moving to in Malaysia. These are the cities with the most American expats whether it be for work or retirement. We can do door to door moves to any other cities in the country as well.
- Kota Bharu
- George Town, Penang
- Malacca City
- Kuala Lumpur
Facts About Malaysia
- The country is rich in culture and has lots of traditions. The five main races– Malay, Chinese, Indian, Iban and Kadazan– make up most of the country’s citizens.
- Malaysia has a total of 878 islands
- Supper is a large part of Malaysian culture. You may even go to a restaurant at 11 p.m. Since it’s more chilly in the evening, Malaysians like to sit at outdoor tables or get street food at night.
- Malaysia 40,934 miles (65,877 kilometers) of highway. This is more than Earth’s circumference of 24,901 miles (40,075 kilometers).
- Malaysia is reported to have more than 1,000 species of plants that have medicinal properties that are used for treating ailments from headaches to malaria and cholera.
- Some buildings in Malaysia do not have a “fourth” floor, as the sound of “four” is similar to the sound of “death” in Chinese. Instead, it is replaced by 3A.
Additional Resources for Your International Move
- The Household Goods Volume Container to estimate the amount of space you’ll need
- A moving checklist for a guideline to the essentials of your move
- Our page on moving tips to prepare all your belongings
Get your free moving and shipping estimate with our form. For further information on moving to Malaysia or other international shipping questions, call and discuss your overseas moving options with one of our moving specialists at 562-408-667 or toll-free at 800-599-0190.