Moving to The UK
England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland
Moving your Household Goods to the UK.
3 Different Moving Service Options:
- Shared container service where you only pay for the volume you want to ship
- Exclusive use container. You pay one flat rate for your own 20' or 40' container
- Car shipping services anywhere in the United Kingdom
Useful Individual UK Income Tax:
Get to know the tax laws in your new home. Taxable income includes:
- Earnings from employment
- Earnings from self-employment
- Most pensions income (State, company and personal pensions)
- Interest on most savings
- Income from shares (dividends)
- Rental income
- Income paid to you from a trust
There are certain types of income that don't require paying any taxes on. These include certain benefits, income from tax exempt accounts, Working Tax Credit (WTC) and premium bond wins. These income sources are ignored altogether when working out how much income tax you'll have to pay at the end of the year.
Moving a Pet to the UK?
Know these three facts about moving your cat, dog or other animal to the UK:
- Animal Passport must have TIMES & DATES clearly noted of all entries
- All pets must be microchipped, vaccinated against rabies & also tapeworm
- Animals can only travel to The UK 21 days after vaccinations are admitted
Interesting Facts About the United Kindgom
- There are 409 escalators in the London subway!
- On average an Englishman drinks twenty times more tea than an American per year
- Big Ben is not a clock, it is actually the name of the thirteen ton bell
- French was the official language of England from 1066 to 1362
- It is still perfectly legal to kill any Scotsman who enters the city of York if he happens to be carrying a bow and arrow. No wonder they want to split from the UK!
- Foreign person wishing to reside in The UK must have a valid entry VISA
- Population of about 63.23 Million
- VAT Rate for 2013 is 20%
At Schumacher Cargo, we make international moving easy. We make sure your items arrive in the UK safe and sound. Let us move you across the pond.
For further information on moving to the United Kingdom, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677
Written by Damien Shields