Moving Household Goods to Spain from the U.S.
Spain International Moving Services
If you are lucky enough to be moving to Spain and are looking for a dependable relocation service, you've come to the right place.
Regardless of whether you are moving a few boxes or an entire household, our international movers can help and we offer a variety of services that fit any shipment size.
Whether it's for business or personal reasons, our groupage rates are among the most competitive and you'll receive an equally matching level of service.
Our departure port locations:
Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Savannah and New York.
Out of the five, many of our clients elect moving household goods to Spain from New York because of a shortened sail time and more competitive transport rates.
Moving Household Goods to Spain
The most difficult part for individuals is deciding what to ship and what not to ship. When thinking about what items to bring, consider the overall costs not only for export from the U.S. and ocean transport, but for import costs, taxes and duties as well.
Spain is a member of the EU and shares the common customs tariffs as well as import guidelines. See the specific customs requirements and qualifications to move household goods to Spain here.
As mentioned we specialize in international moves. The options we offer for shipping personal effects to Spain include:
- a shared container service. (where you only pay for the actual volume you're moving. This is best for people who don't have a ton of items to move.)
- an exclusive or sole container service (where you load your own 20ft or 40ft container and pay a flat fee for it.)
We Help Bring Your Pets With You to Spain
Your pets are part of your family and you want to trust that they’re brought over safely. Schumacher can help. Call us to learn more about how your dog, cat (or whatever kind of animal you have) can be safely and securely moved to your new country.
In the meantime, here are some important rules to know about bringing your pet to Spain:
- Pets must have an inserted microchip ISO 11784/11785
- Pet passport is required for each animal
- A licensed veterinarian must complete the official EU Annex II veterinary certificate
Useful Individual Income Tax Information to Know:
The table below determines the amount of tax payable. Tax rates apply per band of income. The rates are marginal rates of tax.
|Annual income Above||Annual income below||Tax rate (excluding temporary surcharge)||Tax rate (including temporary surcharge)|
|0 €||17,707.20 €||24%||24.75%|
|33,007.20 €||53,407.20 €||37.%||40.%|
Eight Things to Know About Spain Before You Move There.
- 44% of the world’s olive oil is produced in Spain
- Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world
- Bullfighting is counted as a sport in Spain.
- FC Barcelona stadium is the biggest privately owned stadium in the world 100K
- Madrid’s name comes from the arabic “magerit” which means ‘place of many streams’.
- Foreign person wishing to reside in Spain must have a valid entry VISA
- Population of about 45.3 Million
- VAT Rate for 2013 is 21%
Written by Martyn Cohen
For further information about making your move to Spain, call 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677