Moving Household Goods to Australia from the U.S
Let Schumacher Move Your Household Goods to Australia.
Australia is a major international destination and the market for household moving services from the U.S. is in high demand.
But with so many international moving companies to Australia, how do you know which one to choose?
Well, it's one of the largest markets for our business and we've been helping individuals relocate to Oz for the last 35 years by providing a streamlined process for moving personal effects from anywhere in the U.S..
Below are some important things to consider before you move any of your belongings or household items followed by a list of our services.
If you have any additional questions, this is a great resource on Australia's import guidelines for certain household goods.
They're very strict and unfortunately, getting held up at customs and quarantined can be very costly in Australia.
Things to Take Into Consideration Before Moving to Australia With Your Belongings
You must have recently travelled or intend to travel to Australia
All contents must have been owned by you for at least 12 month to be GST free
All Household Goods Shipment are placed in Quarantine at time of arrival
All Household Goods Shipment are AQIS inspected also
- You are NOT allowed to ship Alcohol or Tobacco products as part of your shipment
Here at Schumacher, we specialize in moving the following to AU:
Shipment Options to Select From
- Shared container service. You only pay for the actual volume you want to ship
- Exclusive use container 20' or 40'. You play a flat rate
- Automobile shipping services
22 Major Cities we ship to:
If you don't see your city on this list, don't worry. We can organize a move to almost any city or town in Australia. Just call us today.
Have a Pet Making the Move to Australia with You?
Make sure you know these rules about bringing your furry friends to Australia
- Make sure you can bring your pet to Australia. Excotic species aren't allowed
- Check if you're coming from an AQIS approved country
- You will also need to have an AQIS import permit before engaging in transport
Written by Martyn Cohen
For further information on your global move to Australia, call and discuss your move today: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677