Germany Car Shipping
Shipping your car, automobile, and vehicle to Germany.
One of the biggest challenges when relocating to or from Germany is transporting your car, household goods, and personal belongings.
Whether door-to-door or port-to-port, we will tailor our transport and relocation services to meet your deadlines. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Major German Cities:
* Services are also available to other cites in Germany.
Time frame - Shipping a car or container of household items generally takes three to four weeks. Cars and Autos are shipped in individual containers, but many sea carriers will allow partial containers of household goods.
Please contact one of our shipping agents to discuss your auto transport and shipping needs. If necessary, we will be able to help deliver the container to your house for packing, then retrieve it for delivery to the docks. All of our agents are skillfully trained and certified.
Important Vehicle Facts:
- There are no general restrictions on importing vehicles to Germany. Regardless of their age, all vehicles are treated equally as far as duties, taxes or technical inspections are concerned.
- If you stay in Germany for more than 12 months you will need a German license
- The export of motor vehicles manufactured in the US is controlled under item 5400 of the Export Control List. However, there would be no need to obtain an individual export permit nor would there be a requirement for prior written authorization before exporting to Germany.
- Every motor vehicle registered in Germany is automatically subject to a special motor vehicle tax (Kfz-Steuer). The first payment must be paid soon after registering the vehicle (Kfz-Steuerbescheid).
- Vehicles drive on the right side of the road .
- Distances and car speeds are in Kilometers and Kilometers Per Hour.
Auto Import taxes:
- Import duty: 10 % based on the purchase price + freight costs to the place of destination in Germany +freight insurance.
- Value Added Tax (EUST): 15 % based on the purchase price + freight costs + import duty.
- 7% for vintage cars and collector's vehicles under certain circumstances.
Required items upon delivery of your vehicle:
Your Auto Keys - It will be necessary to leave your keys with our shipping company when you are ready to transport your car. We recommend making a spare set keys to the ignition, trunk, gas cap and any locked compartment for our shipping company to use.
Vehicle Registration and Title - Have your documents ready. These will be needed to get your vehicle in and out of the ports. If necessary, we will make copies and return the original documents to you.
Creditor/Lessor notarized statement - If your automobile or vehicle is currently being financed/leased, you will need to bring a notarized statement from the creditor/lessor that states they are aware the vehicle is being shipped.
Authorization From the Owner - We require a notarized letter of authorization from the owner if the person shipping/receiving the vehicle is other than the owner. Please contact your agent for more information.
Photo ID - You (or anyone you designate) will need ID to pick up the car.
Delayed Shipments - It's possible your shipment may get delayed in the event of a full ship environment . If this is the case, all vehicles shipped from Germany could be assigned to a ship leaving later than the requested sailing date
Prepare your vehicle for shipment & transport:
Winter Protection - It is our goal to make sure the vehicle(s) being shipped arrives in its current condition. If you are shipping your auto vehicle to/from Alaska, we recommend taking the necessary steps to protect the radiators and battery from freezing.
Don't Fill Your Tank - We recommend leaving less than half a tank of gas in the car. You will want just enough to drive to a service station at destination. Vehicles with propane tanks require special handling. Contact your shipping agent for details.
Don't Leave Anything in Your Vehicle - Please DO NOT leave personal items, luggage or boxes inside the passenger area or trunk for the car. For security and saftey, you will be asked to remove anything that is not permanently mounted or bolted to the vehicle.
Disconnect Alarm Systems - Please discconnect the auto's alarm systems before it is shipped.
Vehicles Must be in Working Condition - All vehicles will be inspected upon delivery to Schumacher Cargo Logistics. The vehicle will need to be in working condition before it is accepted for shipment. This includes inflated tires and operational brakes.
Required Ground Clearance - Please note that all vehicles must have six inches of ground clearance in order to be shipped. Those looking to move "Low riders" should contact us to discuss alternative shipping options.
German Shipping Insurance:
It is recommended that ‘Marine Shipping Insurance’ is taken out on any car that you ship or transport to or from Germany. In most cases the company shipping your car will not be liable for any damage that occurs to your car over the amount of $500. ‘Shipping Insurance’ is typically purchased our shipping agents before the exportation of your vehicle.
WE ARE A TRUSTED LEADER IN INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC CARGO SHIPPING.
Since 1977 our safety records for cargo shipment delivery have exceeded all industry standards and have made us one of the most dependable shipping companies in the industry. Thus, whether you are shipping cars, vehicles, full households, individual furniture, antiques, or other goods, you will comfortable knowing that Schumacher Cargo Logistics will take care of all aspects of your relocation needs.