Written by Alex Bach
Motorcycle enthusiasts have a passion for their vehicles, their community of riders, and a need to share their finds, concepts, mods and adventures.
As we over here at Schumacher Cargo consider ourselves among those champions of the chopper–shipping thousands of these beloved machines to every corner of the globe–we decided it was high time to award the best, brightest, and baddest of these biker blogs.
Here Are the 23 Baddest Chopper Blogs of 2013:
1. Bike EXIF covers all things motorcycle: be it a custom job, a cafe racer or a classic bikes. The site is operated out of New Zealand by Chris Hunter, whose additional passion for photography means you’re in for some gorgeous pics.
2. Knuckleduster. Grail Mortillaro operates this site, giving visitors an inside look at his DIY bike that’s so close and complete you feel like you’re right in the garage with him.
3. The Kneeslider covers all things motorcycle, from the latest designs to DIY projects.
4. Cyril Huze Blog. Featuring elegant photos of gorgeous bikes, breaking news or police busted for drag racing, Cyril Huze is definitely one of the best bike blogs out there.
5. The Vintagent is the best blog around for vintage motorcycles. A digital museum for some of the oldest, toughest, and gorgeous of these early pioneers.
6. Tilted Horizons is run by a year-round rider looking to offer his readers travel stories, book reviews, pictures, videos and all things relevant to the world of motorcycles.
7. Twisting Asphalt covers sports cars and bikes but the fact that it’s operated by a professional motorcycle documentarian means you can check out high-quality pics and videos of some of the baddest choppers out there.
8. Motorcyclist At Large gives a more personal experience of one man’s passion with motorcycles, sharing lengthy-but-worthy reads for the committed rider.
9. Rippin Kitten gives us a female take on motorcycle madness. Liz Frazier covers all aspects of the culture, from gear, to clothing, to product reviews, to steam-powered bikes and beyond.
10. Cling On For Dear Life. This blog is dedicated solely to covering CB 750 Cafe Racers. Chocked full of gorgeous photos from old models to new–and a few motorcycle “Cling On Girl” models as well.
11. Unleash Your Adventure, recently unveiling their new website, is a blog for motorcycle travel. Here you can find out what it’s like to bike across Thailand and other exotic locales.
12. XS650Chopper is a builder’s blog. Readers from all over submit pics and stories of their amazing builds and rehabs of cult-favorite Yamaha XS650 bikes.
13. Faster and Faster. Bikes, babes and business, “Faster and Faster” covers the latest bikes, trade show appearances and news from around the world.
14. Return of the Cafe Racers is dedicated to all things relevant to the sporty bike gaining in popularity across the world. Great photos, great design, great blog.
15. Bikes in the Fast Lane. While the layout can seem a little cluttered, this is a great blog for catching up on all the latest in motorcycle news, including which countries have recently banned motorcycles.
16. Saul T Nutz Racing Blog covers the motorcycle racing scene in the salt flats of Bonneville.
17. Fuzzy Galore is another great chopper blog for our female riders out there. For ten years, this “Girlie Motorcycle Blog,” as creator Rachel/”Fuzzy” puts it, covers road trips, fun stops, tales from the road and other items related to her love of motorcycles.
18. Helmet Hair, named after the all common side-effect of a good ride, keeps readers apprised to the latest chopper news, such as the first man to reach 200mph speeds with a 125cc bike.
19. Bandit Rider provides a great personal riding blog from New Zealand riders Mark and Andrew. They give their experiences on everything from wearing contacts while riding to the details of a long ride.
20. Honda Motorcycles Blog covers, as you probably guessed, Honda motorcycles. This site is loaded with great pics, videos, and maintenance tips for your Honda bike.
21. Web Bike World is your stop for motorcycle, gear, and apparel reviews.
22. Motorcycles In Thailand Our fellow riders in Thailand have been keeping us up to speed on some of the hottest bikes coming out next year. Check out their coverage on the 2014 BMW R1200GS.
23. Harley Davidson Blog. Of course, no list would be complete without a blog dedicated to one of the most recognizable and bad choppers ever to hit the streets. The Harley Davidson Blog has everything Harley: from travel tips to books to celebs to news and the latest tech talk.
While there are countless motorcycle blogs out there, these are the ones we’ve deemed to be the best in 2013. If your favorite chopper blog isn’t on there, leave a comment and we’ll check it out for next year’s awards.