It’s music festival season. And here in our little hometown known as Los Angeles, we happen to host some of the best music festivals in the country, maybe even the world. One that’s especially hot on the local radar is Arroyo Seco Weekend. Its inaugural event was held in 2017, so this will be the second year of the festival held at the Brookside Golf Course at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. The team behind the festival, Goldenvoice, is the same group that puts on Coachella and Stagecoach, so you know it’s up to snuff.
What makes Arroyo Seco stand out is that, instead of camping out in the desert with a bunch of other strangers, there are no overnights allowed on the golf course; attendees go home and rest up in their own beds. The food scene is also a hit, featuring some of Pasadena’s and Los Angeles’ best local chefs, and paired up with craft beer and wine.
This year’s top headliners are Neil Young & Promise of the Real, Jack White, Kings of Leon, and Robert Plant and the Sensational Space Shifters. The 2017 event had Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Mumford and Sons, Weezer, and Alabama Shakes at the helm.
General Information for Arroyo Seco Weekend 2018
- What: Three stages of live music featuring top headliners and emerging artists, with local food and drink available on-site
- When: June 23-24, 2018; rain or shine; venue opens at noon each day
- Where: The Brookside Golf Course at the Rose Bowl, 1133 Rosemont Ave, Pasadena, California 91103
- Website: www.arroyosecoweekend.com
- Single day tickets start at $149
- Full weekend passes start at $249
- All ages welcome; children ages 10 and under are free
- General car and bike parking is free; preferred parking passes are available for purchase
- The festival is also accessible via LA’s Metro Rail
Other Attractions in Pasadena
There’s something for everyone in this city. You’ll find world renowned music and art, one-of-a-kind shopping experiences, and entertainment for all ages.
- Old Pasadena: Pasadena’s original business district is now home to amazing shopping and dining opportunities. The historic Route 66 runs through the middle of this area, and folks will camp out along Colorado Boulevard for the Rose Parade every year.
- Kidspace Children’s Museum: This family-friendly and kid-oriented museum is located right next to the Rose Bowl, and it features plenty of hands-on exhibits and activities to help kids learn about arts and science.
- Norton Simon Museum: This art museum hosts an impressive collection of work done by Rembrandt, Monet and Renoir, among others. There is also a sculpture garden outside, decorated with trees, water features and gardens.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory: This NASA lab was responsible for the Mars Pathfinder and Spirit rover’s mission to Mars, and it currently operates NASA’s Deep Space Network. About once a week, the lab is open to the public for guided tours of the facility. Tours are free, but they book up three weeks in advance so get your tickets now.
- Looking for more things to do in Los Angeles? Check out our post on the top five things to do in L.A.
Food and Drink at Arroyo Seco Weekend 2018
Forget about street vendors and deep fried fair food; Arroyo Seco is also a gathering of some of the best food and drink companies in the Los Angeles area. Take a look at who’s dishing it up this year.
- Beer Belly
- Block Party
- Bourbon Steak
- Donna Jean
- Fritzi Coop
- Hatchett Hall
- House of Machines
- Jon & Vinny’s
- Ms Chi
- Playa Provisions
- The Ponte
- The Spare Room
- Top Round
- XO on Beverly
Ship with Schumacher This Summer
If you’re ready to move to Los Angeles to be part of great events like this, Schumacher Cargo Logistics can help you through all the steps of your international relocation to the US today. Our corporate office is located in Los Angeles, and we have over 40 years of offering our customers the best shipping rates. Our team is ready to help move your items abroad and to the United States.