Written by Jenn Cosgrove
Pack Up Your Troubles and Groove on Down the Road
No matter where you’re moving, across town or across the country, moving can be a lot to deal with (side note: we make it easier!).
Turn up the tunes to make your move better.
Music can inspire a sense of motivation and reflection. It can help you focus when the task at hand seems almost too big to tackle.
When you’re listening to a great song, singing along, and getting into the groove, you’re less likely to think about the stresses and more focused on the positive things that are coming your way.
Plus, Your more likely to pack faster without feeling like you’re putting too much effort into it.The sheer volume of things to do can get wearisome but music always makes the ride a little less rough.
Here are some of our favorite songs that inspire the sense of possibility in a new beginning, or the wistful feeling of leaving a place behind.
- Jeffersons Theme Song – Movin’ on Up
- Pack All Your Troubles (in your old kit bag) – Edward Hamilton
- Ticket to Ride – The Beatles
- Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles
- Better Things – The Kinks
- I Can See For Miles – The Who
- Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) – Billy Joel
- We Gotta Get Out of This Place – The Animals
- 50 Ways to Leave your Lover – Paul Simon
- Don’t Stop – Fleetwood Mac
- Goodbye Yellow brick road – Elton john
- No Time – The Guess Who
- Crossroads – Cream
- Every Day is a Winding Road – Sheryl Crow
- On the Road Again – Willie Nelson
- I feel the Earth Move – Carole King
- Rockin’ on Down the Highway – Doobie Brothers
- Beautiful Day – U2
- Pack it Up – The Pretenders
- Drivin’ My Life Away – Eddie Rabbit
- Heard it in a Love Song – Marshall Tucker Band
- The Big Country – Talking Heads
- Leaving on a Jet Plane – John Denver
- Midnight Train to Georgia – Gladys Knight
- Dreams – The Cranberries
- Ride Across the River – Dire Straits
- Our House – Crosby Stills Nash & Young
- Already Gone – The Eagles
What songs are on your moving playlist?