What makes Australia unique?
While arranging your overseas relocation to Australia with your international movers, we found some interesting facts about Australia that we would like to share with you:
- The Land Down Under- named so because it is the lowest continent in the world, with an average elevation of only 330 meters.
- Australia is the smallest continent in the world.
- The platypus is found only in Australia
- Australia is the lowest continent
- There are more sheep than people in Australia
- The Tasmanian devil is a real animal- a carnivorous marsupial, with jaws as strong as a crocodile’s
- Australia is the largest island in the world
- The population density in Australia is one of the lowest in the world, with an average of 4 people per square kilometer
- Australian women won the right to vote in 1902
- Australia is the only country to host unique animals, not found anywhere else in the world: marsupials and emus
- There is more snow in Australia than in Switzerland
- Australia hosts the top six deadliest snakes in the world
- The most poisonous spider in the world- the Sydney Funnel web spider- is found in Australia
- Australia also has the most poisonous fish in the world- the stone fish
- The Box jellyfish is considered the most poisonous marine creature in the world
- Australia’s summer/winter weather is the opposite of the United States, due to the fact that Australia is located in the Southern Hemisphere
- There are approximately 200 Australian languages spoken, starting with the Aboriginal languages
So, before you move to Australia, we recommend that you become familiar with its surroundings and people.
For a free international moving quote or information on shipping a car to AU, contact the Schumacher Cargo Logistics team!