Moving overseas with your pet to Hong Kong
Need to move your pets to another country?
Attention: Schumacher Cargo Logistics Inc. provides this information to be used as general guidelines and may not be up to date to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
HONG KONG IMPORT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Dogs: Hong Kong requires all dogs to be microchipped prior to import. This can be an AVID 9-digit microchip or an ISO-compatible microchip (Home Again, ResQ, etc.). However, all dogs must be registered in Hong Kong with an AVID 9-digit microchip. If your dog does not have an AVID 9-digit microchip, upon arrival in Hong Kong, it will be re-chipped with an AVID 9-digit microchip at an additional fee.
- Cats: Hong Kong requires all cats to be microchipped prior to import. This can be an AVID 9-digit microchip or an ISO-compatible microchip (Home Again, ResQ, etc.).
- Rabies Vaccination & Certificate: All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain — some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine.
- Current Vaccination Records:
For Dogs & Cats
- Canine Distemper. Parvovirus, Hepatitis and Leptospirosis
- Feline Cat Flu-Feline Calicivirus
- Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis
- Chlamydia Psittaci
- Cat Enteritis-Feline Panleukopaenia/Feline Parvo Virus
- Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001): This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight.
- Hong Kong Health Certificate (Form VC9R): This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian, along with the Form 7001.
- Import Permit: An import permit is required in order to enter the country. Please contact your local representative on the best way of handling this.
- USDA Endorsement:
- Microchip Implantation Record
- Rabies Certificate
- Vaccination Records
- Vet Health Certificate
- Hong Kong Health Certificate
The above must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your local representative on the best way of handling this.
There is no quarantine when entering Hong Kong from the United States if the above requirements have been met.
Press here to get a moving quote and find out how easy we can make it happen and for a rate that will suit your budget.
Written by Martyn Cohen