Moving overseas with your pet to Denmark
Need to move your pets to another country?
Attention: Schumacher Cargo Logistics provides this information to be used as general guidelines and may not be up to date to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
DENMARK IMPORT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Microchip: Each Pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. No other form of identification is acceptable. The microchip used should comply with ISO Standard 11784 or Annex A to ISO standard 11785- otherwise the pet will need to be sent with it’s own scanner attached to the top of the crate.
- All animals need to have Full Vaccinations:
- Dogs: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Leptospirosis, (DHLPP) and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.
- Cats: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia (FVRCP), and Rabies within the last 12 months or a minimum of 4 weeks before arrival.
- EU Vet Health Certificate (Form EC#: 998) — (Form provided to you by PetRelocation.com) — This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your accredited Veterinarian. This certificate is valid for 4 months prior to departure date so do not get this issued too early.
- USDA Endorsement: The below referenced forms:
- Microchip Implantation Record
- Rabies Certificate
- Vet Letter
- EU Vet Health Certificate
Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation.com representative on the best way of handling this.
- International Health Certificate: Your vet should have these in stock. It’s a good idea to call ahead and ask. This is an international health certificate that needs to be completed by your vet within 10 days of departure. Depending on the logistics of your particular pet relocation and the specific health certificate being used (APHIS Form 7001) an additional USDA Endorsement maybe required on this health certificate. Speak to your PetRelocation.com specialist regarding the USDA portion of this process.
- All original documentation must travel with the pets.
Written by Damien Shields
Press here to get a moving quote and find out how easy we can make it happen and for a rate that will suit your budget.