- Cargo Container Sizes
- Customs Procedures
- Choosing a Shipping Company
- Shipping Cars to UK and Europe
- Shipping Cars to Hawaii
Schumacher Cargo Logistics FAQs
- What do I need to know about U.S. customs?
- How do you deal with foreign customs?
- Who is responsible for incidental charges assessed by foreign governments?
- Is there a limit of liability for steamship companies?
- Should I purchase insurance?
- Where do I purchase a policy?
- Can I track My Shipment?
- Can I make a payment online?
What do I need to know about U.S. customs?
We do the work for you to get the final approval on your cargo. We issue the required export forms. All you will have to do is supply all commercial invoices and sign export instructions.
How do you deal with foreign customs?
Many foreign governments will request duties for your cargo shipment and may have laws that will impact your shipment, whether it consists of cargo or household goods. You should be prepared to provide receipts for any new merchandise in your shipment. To help you with the nuances of dealing with a foreign government, we will be glad to assign an agent to you. Of course, you can always select your own.
Who is responsible for incidental charges assessed by foreign governments?
While we do our best to inform you of all the potential charges that you may be faced with, destination charges and importation through the destination port are ultimately the responsibility of the receiver.
Is there a limit of liability for steamship companies?
Yes. By Maritime Law, steamship companies are limited to a liability of no more than $500 per vehicle.
Should I purchase insurance?
It is strongly recommended that you purchase an insurance policy that covers your vehicle and shipping charges. There are two types of policies: "Full Coverage" and "Total Loss."
- Full Coverage - Replaces the cost of the car, dents, scratches and shipping costs.
- Total Loss - While less expensive, it replaces only the value of the car.
Where do I purchase a policy?
Your shipping company should provide you with all the coverage and options. Schumacher Cargo Lines provides a full line of marine insurance needs to meet your budget considerations.
If we have not addressed a question that you would like to have answered, e-mail us your question. We will send you a ceramic cobalt-blue coffee mug if your question is the most unusual and adds significantly to this discussion.