Company Job Listings
Location: Los Angeles, California - USA
Post Opening from: November 08, 2013
Location: Gardena, CA 90248
- To provide customer coordination services for both overseas agents and end customer here in the USA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Files
Open and update new files in industry software.
Email consignee’s “Arrival Notices”.
- Import Document Processing
Confirm all file documents are completed correctly by consignee.
Contact agent or Consignee for missing details.
Send reminder follow up emails to consignee who have not replied with missing information.
Hand over completed documents to customs broker for entry filing into the USA.
Check Shipment Availability with Carrier.
Arrange payment to carrier for all COLLECT shipment freight costs.
Freight Release - Check with Ocean Line Carrier and Airlines via On-Line portals or via telephone.
Create shipment collection order for drayage company to collect shipment.
Send rate requests to delivery agent for out of state delivery services by 3rd party vendor provider.
Send delivery docs to delivery agents.
Check per diem if any and calculate split charges for groupage containers per consignee volume.
- Warehouse Documents
Receive “Unloading Container Discrepancy Report” check for errors.
Update software with discrepancy notes, if any.
- Dispatch of shipment to consignee
Coordinate with consignee delivery of shipment, date time and confirm delivery location with access instructions.
Create “Delivery Order” for company dispatch manger.
Create ‘Delivery Order” for 3rd party carrier along with carrier instructions.
- After Service
With 72 house of delivery - Call customer to ensure shipment was received in good order.
Ensure office receives back customer signed delivery order and inventory list from delivery crew.
Provide customer with Insurance Claim procedures if necessary.
Email origin agent customer signed POD and Inventory List.
- Basic school education.
- 1 years previous experience in logistics.
- Good computer skills with experience with industry software data entry.
- Knowledge of Bill of Ladings both Master & House.
- Person must be able to work in team environment.
- Ability to fully understand how export files are handled, maintained and updated.
- Person must be clam, collective, be able to discuss with fellow colleagues file procedures and be able to relate any issues to department manager, clearly and detailed.
- The position is an office assigned position. Person must be able to work in office environment during work hours. From time to time you may be requested to go to US Customs as part of company delegation. This will be on company time expenses will be covered by company.
Import Coordinator person will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. Import Coordinator person will also have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time