Shipping to Albania
Shipping cargo, automobiles, and household goods to Albania.
One of the biggest challenges when relocating to or from Albania is transporting your car, household goods, and personal belongings.
Whether door-to-door or port-to-port, we will tailor our transport and relocation services to meet your deadlines. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Major Cities in Albania:
* Services are also available to other cites in Albania.
What is import and what rules apply to your goods?
Albania is not a member of the European Union (EU). The Union is a Customs union, which means that the member states have a common trade policy towards the countries outside it, so-called third countries.
Before you import goods you should find out what rules apply to your particular goods. In order to import certain commodities, e.g. foodstuffs or textiles, you may have to present a permit or an import license. Other examples of goods for which permits are required are arms, hypodermic syringes and needles, animals and plants of endangered species, wine and spirits.
Speak to one of our shipping specialist today.
Things to know when you are importing goods into Albania
Quick Facts on the Republic of Albania:
- National name: Republika e Shqiperise
- President: Alfred Moisiu (2002)
- Prime Minister: Sali Berisha (2005)
- Land area: 10,579 sq mi (27,400 sq km); Total area: 11,100 sq mi (28,748 sq km)
- Population (2007 est.): 3,600,523
- Capital and largest city: Tirana
- Languages: Albanian (Tosk is the official dialect), Greek
- Monetary unit: Lek
- Economic summary: GDP/PPP (2005 est.): $18.07 billion; per capita $4,900
- Exports: $650.1 million f.o.b. (2005 est.): textiles and footwear; asphalt, metals and metallic ores, crude oil; vegetables, fruits, tobacco.
- Imports: $2.473 billion f.o.b. (2005 est.): machinery and equipment, foodstuffs, textiles, chemicals.
- Major trading partners: Italy, Canada, Germany, Greece, Turkey (2004).
Albania is situated on the eastern shore of the Adriatic Sea, with Montenegro and Serbia to the north, Macedonia to the east, and Greece to the south. Albania is composed of two major regions: a mountainous highland region (north, east, and south) constituting 70% of the land area, and a western coastal lowland region that contains nearly all of the country's agricultural land and is the most densely populated part of Albania.
How does it take to ship to Albania?
Time frame - Whether you are shipping a car or shipping a container of household items generally takes three to four weeks. Cars and Autos are shipped in individual containers, but many sea carriers will allow partial containers of household goods.
You are not liable for Albanian VAT on this transaction as the VAT charge is transferred to your customers. You are liable for Albanian VAT if you sell the goods to private individuals. When you complete your VAT return, you may then deduct the VAT you paid when you imported the goods as input tax.
Our shipping agents help you along the way.
Please contact one of our shipping agents to discuss your auto transport and shipping needs. If necessary, we will be able to help deliver the container to your house for packing, then retrieve it for delivery to the docks. All of our agents are skillfully trained and certified.
Written by Damien Shields
WE ARE A TRUSTED LEADER IN INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC CARGO SHIPPING.
Since 1977 our safety records for cargo shipment delivery have exceeded all industry standards and have made us one of the most dependable shipping companies in the industry. Thus, whether you are shipping cars, vehicles, full households, individual furniture, antiques, or other goods, you will comfortable knowing that Schumacher Cargo Logistics will take care of all aspects of your relocation needs.