Moving to Singapore
Considerations When Moving Household Goods & Personal Effects to Singapore
- 64 Islands make up Singapore but there's only one main island
- The country has a total area of only 682 square km
- English is the official working language and the most widely used
- The Singapore Sling was first served in 1915 at the Long Bar of the Raffles Hotel
- Population of about 5.3 Million
- GST Rate for 2013 is 7%
Move Your Goods Using Three Options
- Consolidated container service
- Exclusive use containers 20' or 40'
- Automobile shipping services
Useful Income Tax Information:
Resident or Non-Residents?
You will be treated as a tax resident for a particular Year of Assessment (YA) if you are;
- A Singaporean who normally resides in Singapore except for temporary absences; or
- A Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) who has established your permanent home in Singapore; or
- A foreigner who has stayed & worked in Singapore (excludes director of a company) for 183 days or more in the year before the YA.
Otherwise, you will be treated as a non-resident of Singapore for tax purposes.
Preparations for Transporting Your Pet to Singapore
- Import licence from the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) must be obtained 30 days prior to the date of arrival
- AVA will assign a Quarantine Reservation Code (QRC) at time of application
- Quarantine reservations must be placed at least three months in advance of arrival
For further information on any of above, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677
Written by Damien Shields