- Sweden has the most number of McDonald's per person of anywhere in Europe- although it is half the number of McDonald's per person in the United States.
- About 13% of the Swedish population were born in a country other than Sweden.
- Swedish women have their first baby at an average age of 30.
- Losec, an ulcer medicine, was invented in Sweden. It was the world's best selling drug in the 1990's.
- ABBA is probably the best known Swedish band.
- The two most popular sports in Sweden are soccer (football) and ice hockey. The national ice hockey team won the gold medal at the 2006 Winter Olympic Games.
Moving to Sweden
International Moving Services to Sweden
The first step of any international relocation is getting everything organized including travel arrangements, living situation and then putting aside the time to take a look at what to bring from home.
Moving to Sweden is no exception and assuming you already have everything above planned out you’ll still need to find a dependable international moving company to handle shipping your effects.
Major Cities in Sweden:
As an overseas relocation service provider, Schumacher Cargo has over three decades of experience moving household goods to Sweden from the U.S. as well as larger items like vehicles.
Sweden International Movers
From one of our five warehouse locations across the U.S. you'll have the option to deliver your goods to one of our locations or we can pack and wrap your belongings in the convenience of your own home.
In addition, regardless of the service you choose (port to port, door to port) we handle all U.S. customs paperwork and clearance for exporting.
We'll also inform you of what to expect upon arrival and importing your personal effects into Sweden.
Departures for Containerized Household Shipments
New York, Savannah, Miami, Houston and Los Angeles
Moving Household Goods and Personal Effects to Sweden
To start, you will have to pay customs duties when shipping goods overseas to Sweden that are classified as new. Used items and household goods will be duty free if they have been used for over a year and you have owned them for that length of time.
- Passport and a copy
- Proof of residency in Sweden
- Bill of Lading
- Detailed Inventory List
- Customs form TV 740.41
We can help you with customs and for more information visit our Swedish customs resource.
Useful Individual Swedish Income Tax:
The following informations is important for anyone moving to Sweden. Like many other countries, this information may change so you must keep up to date after settling down in your new home.
Persons with unlimited tax liability
You can deduct a basic allowance between SEK 13,100 and SEK 34,300 ($2,015 and $5,276) and on the taxable income you've earned if and only if you have had unlimited tax liability status for the whole year.
After the standard deductions, there are a few additional deductions regarding other taxes. They are:
- Municipal tax in your municipality of residence (approx. 29-34%)
- Church tax and burial charges (approx. 1-2%)
Sweden also has state wide progressive income tax. If you make more than SEK 426,300 ($65,580) individuals are taxed 20% on the income that exceeds this amount. If you earn more than SEK 604,700 ($93,025) you can expect to pay 5% on any income exceeding this amount.
Interesting Facts for Those Moving to Sweden
- You better like coffee because Sweden ranks 2nd in world in consumption per person
- "Take a number please" Swede's love waiting patiently in line with a number in hand
- You can very easily live in Sweden all your life and only speak English
- Be prepared for July shutdown! Shops, restaurants, services are gone on Holiday
- Sweden has a population of about 9.5 Million
- VAT rate for 2013 is 25%
For further information on any of above, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677
Written by Damien Shields