- People in the Netherlands eat raw herring with onions on top?
- The Netherlands" and "Holland" are the same country?
- Amsterdam has 1,281 bridges?
- The International Court of Justice is at the Peace Palace in The Hague?
- Dutch is also spoken in Belgium, northern France, Suriname, the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba?
- The Dutch are the tallest people in Europe?
- Amsterdam is built entirely on piles?
- Almost every Dutch person has a bicycle and there are twice as many bikes as cars?
- You'll find flowers in almost every Dutch living room?
- Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands, but The Hague is the seat of government?
- After Scandinavians, the Dutch are the world's biggest coffee drinkers?
Moving Household Goods to Holland from U.S.
Ship Personal Effects to the Netherlands
As an international shipping company with more than 35 years moving household goods to Holland, we know what goes into each and every move.
It's important to understand the different steps and even though our service covers everything exporting your belongings from the U.S., you should know what to expect upon arrival.
Important steps for those Moving Goods to Netherlands from U.S.
Familiarize yourself with dutch customs regulations and requirements. If you're moving household goods to Holland, generally those items intended for personal use can be imported tax free. Otherwise, you can expect a VAT of 21%.Basic conditions:
- must be declaring residency
- lived outside EU for at least 12 months
- have owned and used goods more than 6 months
You'll have to fill out an application for the exemption permit ahead of time. Make sure the household goods you'd like to import duty free are on two signed lists.
Send it to:Tax and Customs Administration/Customs
PO Box 3070
6401 DN Heerlen
3 Different Service Options to Choose from
- Shared container service. You're only charged for the volume you want to ship
- Exclusive use container 20' or 40'
- Automobile shipping services
6 Major Cities we ship to in Holland:
Things to Know When Relocating to Holland
- There are over 16 million bicycles in Holland
- There are over 1000 Museums, the highest density in the world
- The highest point in Holland stands at 323 Meters high, it is called " The Mountain"
- Currency used is the Euro
- Port Rotterdam is the worlds 2nd busiest port (1st is Singapore if you were wondering)
- Population of almost 17 Million
Useful Dutch Personal TAX Income Information
The 2013 Dutch personal income tax rate is max. 52%.
55,992 and over
3 Tips on Pet Transportation Services to Holland
- Pets need an identification microchip, and a vaccination against rabies.
- Dogs must be registered with the local municipality in the town you will be living
- If your pet belongs to an officially protected species, you will need a "cites" permit
For further information on any of above, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677
Written by Martyn Cohen