- Choosing a Shipping Company
- Foreign Currency Rates
- International Pet Moving & Reloation
- Moving to Australia with Your Pet
- Moving to Austria with Your Pet
- Moving to Belgium with Your Pet
- Moving to Denmark with Your Pet
- Moving to France with Your Pet
- Moving to Germany with Your Pet
- Moving to Hong Kong with Your Pet
- Moving to Ireland with Your Pet
- Moving to Italy with Your Pet
- Moving to the Netherlands with Your Pet
- Moving to Norway with Your Pet
- Moving to Spain with Your Pet
- Moving to Sweden with Your Pet
- Moving to Switzerland with Your Pet
- Moving to the UK with Your Pet
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Cargo Container Sizes
- Customs Procedures
- Moving Tips
Moving Pets to Singapore
Moving overseas with your pet to Singapore
Need to move your pets to another country?
Attention: Schumacher Cargo Logistics Inc. provides this information to be used as general guidelines and may not be up to date to meet the current requirements. Before you travel, be sure to contact the appropriate authorities for your destination country.
SINGAPORE IMPORT RULES AND REQUIREMENTS
There are new rules for pet import to Singapore effective July 1st, 2009. These pertain to exports from: USA, Canada, Netherlands, Spain and Belgium. All other countries please click here.
- Six Months Continuous Residence in Country of Export (or since birth)
Your issuing veterinarian (i.e. local veterinarian) will need to state on the health certificate that your pet has resided continuously in the country of export for the six months prior to departure.
Your government veterinarian (for example, the USDA) will also need to be willing to endorse paperwork stating that your pet has resided continuously in the country of export.
- First Rabies Vaccination & Certificate & All Other Vaccinations
All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain - some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine. For import into Singapore, the rabies vaccine must be OLDER than 4 months.
Other Vaccinations (List on Separate Certificate)
- Cat Flu (Feline calcivirus, Feline viral rhinotracheitis, Chlamydia psittaci)*
- Cat Enteritis (Feline Panieukopaenia / Feline parvovirus)*
*At least 2 weeks prior to but within 1 year from date of import. *Wait 30 Days*
- Rabies Serology (FAVN) Test
Your vet will need to perform a rabies blood test on your pet at least 30 days after the rabies vaccination, but within 6 months prior to export. The results need to show your pet has a rabies titre test of =/> .5 IU/mL.
- Second Rabies Vaccination & Certificate
All pets must have an original Rabies Certificate and this certificate must state the microchip number, the date of inoculation and the validity of the particular vaccination you obtain - some are good for two years, others are only good for one. This vaccine must be an inactivated vaccine. For import into Singapore, the rabies vaccine must be OLDER than 30 days.
- Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001)
This is the standard Health Certificate to be filled out by your USDA accredited Veterinarian. Must be issued within 10 days of the flight. Must state the pet was treated for external parasites within 2-10 days prior to the flight, and internal parasites within 4 days of the flight.
- Import Permit
You must obtain an import permit prior to arrival in Singapore.
- USDA Endorsement
The above referenced forms:
- Microchip Implantation Record
- Rabies Certificate
- Vaccination Certificate
- Vet Health Certificate
Must be sent to your local USDA for their stamp of approval. Please contact your PetRelocation representative on the best way of handling this.
There is now a 10-day mandatory quarantine upon arrival in Singapore for pets coming from the US, Canada, Netherlands, Belgium and Spain. This cannot be avoided. Reservations must be made with the Singapore Animal Quarantine Station prior to arrival.
Information About Sembawang Quarantine Station
Sembawang Animal Quarantine
Station10 Lorong Chencharu Singapore 769197
Tel: (65) 64822724
Fax: (65) 64822726
Press here to get a moving quote and find out how easy we can make it happen and for a rate that will suit your budget.