Moving Household Goods from U.S. to Denmark
Moving your Household Goods Overseas to Denmark
Moving your household goods and finding an international moving service is part of any overseas move and it's no different in the case of relocating to Denmark.
It's important to start the process early and make sure that you have all the paperwork. We won't be able to ship your household goods without them.
Fortunately, U.S. customs clearance is included in our moving service to Denmark and our overseas agents can help once you arrive.
Although it's part of the EU, not only does the country have the highest taxes in the world for their citizens but VAT rates and customs duties are also higher for certain imported items.
If you're not sure exactly what you can bring, our import guide for Danish customs is a good place to start.Interesting Facts:
- Denmark has the happiest people in the world based on a recent study!!!
- Contrary to common believe, the currency used is still the Kroner
- The average height above sea level is only 31 meters or 102 feet.
- Taxable income in Denmark is taxed at progressive rates up to 51.5%
- Population of about 6 Million
- Denmark has one of the higher VAT rates in the EU at 25%. Tax on other goods and personal effects range from 5-14%
4 Major Cities we ship to in Denmark:
Useful Tax Information for Those Relocating to Denmark
- Useful Denmark TAX Information
- Taxable Income (DKK/Tax Rate %)
- DKK 0 - 42,900 Tax Exempt
- DKK 42,900 - 389,900 | 3.76%
- Above DKK 389,900 | 15%
Exemption from Customs Duties
When shipping your belongings and other household goods to Denmark, you can spare yourself from paying VAT on certain goods and services described in the turnover tax law. This law provides a long list of goods and services that can be exempt from the import duty and VAT. For example, the following services would be exempt from the danish VAT:
- Hospital treatment, medical practice, dentistry
- Public assistance, kindergartens
- School and university teaching
- Passenger transport
- Postal services
- Renting, letting, leasing and administration of real property
- Certain banking and financial transactions
Transporting Pets to Denmark
- Maximum of 5 Animals at once can be imported
- Animal must be identifiable by either a microchip or a clearly readable tattoo.
- A veterinary certificate for non-commercial transport or a pet passport is needed
Written by Martyn Cohen
For further information on any of above, call and discuss your move with one of our Moving Specialists at: 800 599-0190 // 562 408-6677