Tips to help you find your ideal job in Switzerland
Moving overseas is always a challenge accompanied with the excitement to start fresh. One can do plenty of research and homework pertaining to their household goods overseas move, be it finding the right moving company, scouting for information about the new country, its people, cultures and traditions or simply learning about the job scenarios.
Schumacher Cargo, a pioneer in overseas moving services, has cultivated plenty of experience about different countries across Europe thus creating a vast informational database for your benefit.
Economies of different Switzerland cities vary tremendously and thus one cannot reach a common ground in establishing rules and applying conventional wisdom when it comes to finding a job. Jobs in Geneva could be much different than opportunities available in Zurich. Also add to it the various domains of expertise from technology careers to teaching projects, summer jobs to full-time game changing roles – all Switzerland jobs have different set of parameters ruling them.
One must review some tips and suggestions from other people’s experiences about how they went about finding jobs in Switzerland especially if you are from the US. Some of the pointers include:
- Agencies – Contacting local contracting/employment agencies could help you get a kick start getting yourself placed.
- Colleagues – Getting to know your colleagues if they happen to be working remotely from Switzerland for the same company and inquire about intercompany transfers.
- Education and Training – Investigating whether your current education level is applicable for Switzerland job standards or if you need additional training or additional courses might help you increase your chances of procuring a job.
- Local Newspapers – Maybe exploring online editions of localized Swiss newspapers could also lead you to potential opportunities worth exploring.
- Internet – The last but not the least, take extensive advantage of the internet to hunt down job openings, network with potential recruiters through hiring websites, increasing your connections and outlook could very well enhance your portfolio to land yourself a job.
- Recruiters – Browsing for recruiters who currently either live in Switzerland or who specialize in placing candidates who are moving there should enable you to market your resume to a wider audience.
Browsing through the Swiss Chamber of Commerce websites, scouring for information through local resources and getting in touch with local citizens of the specific country definitely helps you gain more exposure about the job market out there. You can sift through different job placement websites, newspaper websites, hiring agency websites and other localized job websites such as:
- Monster – Switzerland: www.monster.ch
- Directory of Swiss Chambers of Commerce: www.osec.ch
- JobUP: www.jobup.ch
- TopJobs – Switzerland: www.topjobs.ch
- Le Temps: www.letemps.ch
- Manpower Agency: www.manpower.ch
- Kelly Services: www.kellyservices.ch
- Embassy of Switerland Facebook page
You might also want to revamp your resume to reflect some international work experience if you had any to indicate your expertise in handling clients or the ability to work with colleagues located internationally.
Choosing Schumacher Cargo as your international shipping company not only gets you unparalleled expert moving services but also abundant overseas moving information about the place you are moving to. Be it food cultures, festivals, job scenarios, living costs or simply the overall environment of your new destination, Schumacher Cargo has it all in its think tank.
So what are you waiting for? Call Schumacher Cargo at 800-599-0190 or visit us online to request a free moving quote and entail these exclusive advantages available only to our clients!