- Choosing a Shipping Company
- Shipping Cars to UK and Europe
- Moving to Australia
- Moving to New Zealand
- Foreign Currency Rates
- Cargo Container Sizes
- Customs Procedures
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Moving Tips
Singapore Car Shipping
Shipping your car, automobile, and vehicle to Singapore.
One spends a lot of money buying a vehicle of ones choice. To efficiently transport it from one place to another, you find yourself needing a car shipping service. That’s when you come to us: Schumacher Cargo Logistics: We streamline all the issues concerned with shipping your car internationally, giving you all the required information and making your needs both personal and business more comfortable.
Whether door-to-door or port-to-port, we will tailor our transport and relocation services to meet your deadlines. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Major cites in Singapore:
- Little India
- Clarke Quay
- Boat Quay
* Services are also available to other cites in Singapore.
Time frame - Shipping a car or container of household items generally takes three to four weeks. Cars and Autos are shipped in individual containers, but many sea carriers will allow partial containers of household goods.
Please contact one of our shipping agents to discuss your auto transport and shipping needs. If necessary, we will be able to help deliver the container to your house for packing, then retrieve it for delivery to the docks. All of our agents are skillfully trained and certified.
Importing and Auto Shipping to Singapore:
Where and When to Register a Vehicle
Import duties on cars and motorcycles are very high in Singapore, so be prepared to pay through your nose to bring your vehicle in. However, if you are bent on bringing along your vehicle, there's definitely a lot you need to know. The following information is courtesy of the Land Transport Authority (LTA). Visit their website for more information.
- You may bring your own vehicle to Singapore only if it is less than 3 years old. The age of a used vehicle is reckoned from the date of its first registration in a foreign country.
- A surcharge of $10,000 is payable for each imported used car registered in Singapore.
- Your vehicle must pass a mechanical inspection at the LTA before it can be registered. The requirements are:
- All safety glass fitted must have not less than 70% light transmittance and must not contain any metallic oxide coating.
- Exhaust emmission standards as specified by either the European Directive 91/441/EEC or Article 31 of the Japanese Safety Regulation. A certificate of compliance is required.
- Only right-hand drive vehicles in Singapore.
- Vehicle must be able to use unleaded petrol.
- Vehicle must be fitted with approved front and rear safety belts.
- Vehicle must have asbestos-free brake and clutch lining.
- Air-conditioning units must be CFC-free.
WE ARE A TRUSTED LEADER IN INTERNATIONAL AND DOMESTIC CARGO SHIPPING.
Since 1977 our safety records for cargo shipment delivery have exceeded all industry standards and have made us one of the most dependable shipping companies in the industry. Thus, whether you are shipping cars, vehicles, full households, individual furniture, antiques, or other goods, you will comfortable knowing that Schumacher Cargo Logistics will take care of all aspects of your relocation needs.